tiistai 17. huhtikuuta 2012

Flashback

Last night I was watching the new episodes of Game of Thrones. A flashback hit me when I heard the opening song. You see, I watched the entire season one of Game of Thrones during my second week in Brussels last september. That was my first week with Mhamed (for my new readers who don't know about the adventures I had with my flatmate Mhamed, check out the posts in September - November 2011).

I don't think too often about Mhamed these days. I got out safe, no harm done except for the money lost but in the end that's just money. So all good. Nevertheless, every now and then I get reminded and I get the chills, even though I consciously never thought that it had a negative impact on me. Some people have similar ways of talking, similar eyes, same pitch of the voice, similar body structure.. Especially similar gestures make me slightly uneasy. Not much but just enough that I get reminded.

How do I feel about it now? It was a very funny time. The one month I spent in Mhamed's home taught me a lot about the human mind and about the conflicts of the modern world and Islam. The fact that I didn't have a key to my home made my settling down in Brussels much slower. Mhamed despite being nice to me was a ticking bomb. Two more months and I would have seen another, an even darker side of him. Then it would probably have been dangerous to stay there.

All in all, it was an interesting experience. I got to live with a homosexual drunk middle-age muslim who had severe psychological problems added to the problems with law and the regular prostitution he was practising. It's not every day that one gets to live in a soap opera.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti